Tacos and music by the beach are some of the reasons we’re recommending Tropicalia Fest 2017!
2017 has been an incredible year for festivals, and Tropicalia is no exception. Taking place at Queen Mary Park in Long Beach on Saturday, November 11th, this festival features two things held dear to many Southern Californians: good music and good tacos. The festival will be hosted by comedian Felipe Esparza and will feature genres like 50’s rockabilly, 90’s hip-hop, electronica, and a little of everything in between. With over 25 taco vendors and a line up ranging from The Buttertones to Jhene Aiko to Cuco to Ginuwine, Tropicalia has something for everyone. Below, we list the top 5 reasons we’re looking forward to the ultimate taco and music fest.
- Free Tacos: Need I say more? Is there any more reason to go to anything than free tacos? Until 4pm while supplies last, taco vendors will be handing out free samples. Additionally, there will be tacos that fit every taco diet available, so everyone is able to enjoy the taco goodness. With vendors named “Epic Tacos,” you certainly can’t go wrong.
- The VIP selection: In addition to general admission, Tropicalia is offering three different forms of VIP experiences: VIP Lounge, Rage on the Stage, and VIP Legend Tables. VIP Lounge includes special VIP entrance, charging stations, VIP-only restrooms, and access to the Main Stage pit and VIP lounge with private bar. Rage on the Stage includes access to a side stage viewing platform in addition to the other perks of VIP Lounge. For the more luxe minded, the 21+ Legend Tables are 4-top tables that include a complimentary bottle, lunch and dinner tickets, merchandise package, VIP entry line, and all the other goodies that come with VIP Lounge. It doesn’t end there: the VIP tickets are going for what some fests sell normal GA tickets for. That’s amazing! Don’t sleep on this! Check out more info on them here!
- When and Where: While forecasts for the day aren’t quite in yet, so far this summer heat just won’t quit. Likely you can expect near perfect conditions, clear skies and warm weather, to accompany to the good tunes and free tacos. Set at Queen Mary Park, the spacious venue falls along the waterfront in Long Beach, California.
- The Lineup: Just like the tacos, this lineup has something for everyone. Los Tigres Del Norte, along with LA favorites Chicano Batman and the dreamy Kali Uchis, are the featured headliners. Everyone else on the lineup is just as notable. From beloved English sadboy King Krule to Jessie Reyez to punk group SadGirl, Tropicalia features some of hottest musical acts around. You can take a listen to all the artists appearing by checking out the official Tropicalia Spotify Playlist here.
- The Lineup featuring some ListenSD Favorites: Check out our past coverage of Tropcalia 2017 artists as they’ve swung through San Diego such as: Chicano Batman, Cuco, King Krule, Surf Curse, SadGirl, The Buttertones, Thee Commons, and Slow Hollows.